Friday, January 16, 2009

2009 goals and blessing of the week

Well for a blog that was supposed to be a daily blog of blessings in my life I didn't even average one post a week last year. LOL! Not that there weren't many blessings in my life on an almost daily basis but i just didn't think to blog about them here. Don't think there are many who read this blog any way but I don't write any of my blogs for others really they are for me so lets see if I can't be a bit better about this one this year. My goal for this year on here is to blog at least once a week. So here goes first blessing in my life...
well not first but how my life has been blessed recently...
I had a trip to the ER last week that really turned out to be a blessing. Weird I know but here is how...I was shown that while I may be alone I am not unloved or uncared for. there were many who when they found I was at the ER or had been to the ER called or emailed or texted me to see how I was and if there was anything they could do for me. There was the family that took me in so that I would be taken care of while I recovered and so the ER doctor would release me and not admit me. There was the one who paid my ER copay and the one who paid for my meds and or my liquid diet things. There were the kids who took my puppy out so I didn't have to ( with pneumonia going outside and walking my dog was out of the question). There were the people at work who covered for me while I was out and who called to check on me. I learned I was loved. I new that but it was really driven home to me.
Also because of going to the ER I learned that I had some other things going on and was able to get hose taken care of, things that contributed to my visit to the ER but that if I hadn't had to go to the ER I would have never found out about.
A great blessing in my life is having a job where I have health insurance and boy did that insurance card get a work out this week! LOL! For more details on the ER trip check out my timely beauty blog (really need to learn how to do links...)http://www.timelybeauty.blogspot.com

No comments: