Wednesday, January 30, 2008

a couple of blessings for a couple of days

missed a few more days there. Just been plain busy and had internet connection issues but what blessing it is to even have the internet or to be busy with life! Now I just sound OLD...I remember when...LOL! But the thing is I DO remember when! What a blessing and miracle the instant communication of today is. I mean cell phones, internet and high speed dsl cable or whatever the latest and greatest is for speed now, 24 hour news stations (Ok maybe that one isn't such a blessing at times..but...)it does breed some impatience for the ordinary rate of life but it does make to waiting more entertaining!
For example because of instant communication of cell phones I found out from a good friend that the Prophet of the church had passed away within hours of it happening while I was driving far from any other source that would get it to me. She found out from her uncle who lived in Utah and there was a news bulletin flashed across the screen and he called her. The phones were faster than the internet at that point in time. While I am saddened that Gordon B Hinkley will no longer be the Prophet I am glad for the miracle of eternal marriage that now he is reunited with his dear wife. What a blessing for him and for me to know that I too can have an eternal family if I work for it and love an d nurture it here.

1 comment:

Carol L. said...

Hi,
Just came across your blog while I was visiting Andrew's (4th Ave. Blues. I enjoyed the things you wrote on blessings. We take so much for granted, sometimes.