Sunday, February 17, 2008

friends part two

It is three days removed from my last post and I will try to put into words what I was feeling. Some things are difficult to express in words because no matter how eloquent they just fall short of feeling. That said here goes...

Friends are there to hug and comfort you, friends bring smiles and laughter. Love and learning. They stand with you in the grove so you don't have to weather the storms of life alone. Like trees we too are stronger together than we are apart. Friends are there through good and bad. Love you through it all. Sometimes friends are blunt and kick you in the behind or give you a give shove in the right direction but always they love and uplift you. Some friends you know intimately some you know anonymously through internet or maybe even just a kind soul who smiled at you or let you in a lane of traffic. Maybe they taught a class you took and touched you heart, mind and soul. Or maybe they taught you from a distance someone you heard about or observed and through them you gained greater knowledge of Heavenly Father they too are friends. Isn't that what a friend does brings you closer to Heavenly Father? I know it is what I believe a friend does. Those people I count as my nearest and dearest friends are ones I know and interact with more frequently whether I know them online or in person BUT people who are my friends are those whose blogs I read and never comment on, or who smile at me in the grocery store, or the speaker at church today who requested a special musical number of A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief (one of my favorite hymns) or the very talented man who arranged the choir and congregational singing and the violins and flute and piano accompanying it such an uplifting moving way. I have many near and dear ones and thursday I was honored to spend the day with two of the best of them. Love you girls! Sweet Pea and Hotpink you are awesome!

No comments: